Client is a Tier 1 freight railroad transportation company with railroad properties in the United States, Mexico and Panama. The client’s rail network includes about 6,700 route miles in the U.S. and Mexico.DOWNLOAD
- Client wanted to implement a robust data governance program followed by an MDM implementation. Past attempts had failed due to lack of governance and MDM expertise, capability and deficient approaches. Client engaged our consulting services to resurrect their failed governance program.
- Partnered with Business and IT stakeholders to successfully establish a governance program from the ground up.
- Established formal Data Governance Board and Council bodies
- Laid the groundwork for MDM implementation. Advised on MDM strategy, architectural approach, tool selection and implementation roadmap.
- Collaborated with business stakeholders to identify the subject areas that needed to be governed and mastered. Each subject area was analyzed via a comprehensive discovery and analysis process that covered the following:
- Subject area business context
- Subject area systems context (relevant systems and associated data flows)
- Subject area business process flows
- Subject area gap analysis, including opportunities for Governance
- The Data Governance Board and Council bodies now serve as the authority and governing body on strategies, decisions, investments related to the management of enterprise data
- Due to formal establishment and execution of the data governance program, client is benefitting from:
- Data that is consistent and of the right quality
- Data that is accurate, complete and available
- Data that is uniformly defined, classified and organized
- Data that can be used for actionable decision-making
- Data that supports improved business planning and operational reporting
- Data that contributes to improved financial performance
- Data that enables better risk management, security, and regulatory compliance